Start a new topic
Answered

SMS notifications of usage

This has been suggested to us by a few people across different community ideas.

Today we send an email as your usage hits a certain amount, but the idea is to send not only an email but an SMS as well.

Best Answer
Hi All,

Thanks for your posts!

Please be advised that you will now receive SMS alerts once you exceed 50%, 85% and then 100% of your allocated usage :-)

Keep in mind there will be a delay of approx 48 hours from the time the record is generated to the time that the usage is displayed on your account and continue to monitor your usage by logging in.

Should you require immediate Customer Support, please feel free to call us on (07) 3038 3068.

Hope this helps!

4 people have this question

This was posted 6 months ago.. it's still being planned is it?

Answer
Hi All,

Thanks for your posts!

Please be advised that you will now receive SMS alerts once you exceed 50%, 85% and then 100% of your allocated usage :-)

Keep in mind there will be a delay of approx 48 hours from the time the record is generated to the time that the usage is displayed on your account and continue to monitor your usage by logging in.

Should you require immediate Customer Support, please feel free to call us on (07) 3038 3068.

Hope this helps!

Great service as far as I am concerned but for several months now I have received SMS message that I am nearing my limit - viz 29/08/2013 - 50% - $340.14 but when my account arrives I have used .2Gb of 1.5Gb - no where near 50% ?  - does not compute ? 

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your post!

I'm very happy to hear that you've had a good experience so far :-)

With regards to the alerts, these are based on 'Real Time Data' which is an indicator of your usage. We receive these indicators from the network within an hour of your data session being completed to help with reducing your ability to overspend as it takes two days for the actual records of the usage to be received. The possibility of exceeding your allowance during the time that it takes the record to be received is heightened which is why these indicators are used.

Normally after two days, the usage meter online ( based on actual records, not real time) should match up to the SMS alerts you receive however in some cases the indicator is not 100% accurate and may display a higher usage than what had actually occurred.  This is evidently the issue you've experienced. Please note the indicators have only projected higher than anticipated usage, not under so yes- it is still an effective tool to use to reduce the ability to excess and is fit for purpose.

We are working on a way to have these indicators be more accurate in the coming months so hopefully this will resolve such queries.

I hope this information helps but if you need any further clarification, please let me know :-)

Login to post a comment